[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 927: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
Media Now support forums • View topic - Master List Threads for Issues

Master List Threads for Issues

Master List Threads for Issues

Postby Vortical » 03 Nov 2008, 19:44

This is just an idea but I beleive it would be extremely benefitial to helping Dvico prioritise and collate issues and understand the end users issues with the various products.

I've seen this work very well with helping companies keep all the current issues in one post that is continually evolving and getting updated.

It also should perhaps be separated into two different Master List threads for each device
one for Media Player Issues
and
one for Pvr/Tuner issues

Critical Items (items that must be fixed before anything else)
High Priority (items to fix after critical items or while working on a similar item that has higher priority)
Medium Priority (items to fix when able to or while working on a similar item that has higher priority)
Low Priority (items that are not critical and don't need to be fixed aytime soon but should be fixed if working on a similar item that has higher priority)

The list should have items separated into one of 4 categories above and be maintained by someone who has a very good knowledge of the way the dvico works and be open to suggestions and work well with other owners.

Each item needs to have a full description with a detailed description of the issue kept as short as possible with added cross links to complete examples in various firmware threads so if the issue doesn't make sense perhaps a fully written post on the issue may be of further use.

This list would be constantly evolving and updating but at least everything would be in one post in one thread.

Then everyone could discuss the current firmware in the various different firmware threads with everyone agreeing on an issue and what place it should have in the priority list.
If it's started early and maintained well it can be very helpful to Dvico to become the first place they look to see what issues to look at fixing next and it will also help everyone on here too.

It will probably also help the forum become a hive of activity too.

So what do you think?
Vortical

Re: Master List Threads for Issues

Postby MediaLive » 05 Nov 2008, 14:24

I think it is a good idea, would you like to manage that? we certainly can get DVICO to have a look at the threads, indeed we plan to have DVICO visit this forum often, once it gets more "substantial", for all types of feedback in relation new features, improvement to existing features, new products be testing feedback, bugs to be fixed, etc.

The important thing, I feel, is to be positive and have as the main objective for posting a desire to help DVICO make the devices as good as possible.
MediaLive

Postby Vortical » 05 Nov 2008, 17:29

It's not something I'm able to dedicate enough time to.

I'm already beta testing other products and also considering how much I help others on various forums it's physically impossible for me to maintain such a list.

Ideally whoever maintains this list needs to spend a lot of time keeping it up to date and testing as many items as possible with each release.
And ideally be someone who is very enthusiastic about doing it and not be involved in other beta testing programs for other companies.

I could start it but someone else would need to take it over, is that possible.
Vortical

Postby MediaLive » 05 Nov 2008, 20:40

Vortical wrote:I could start it but someone else would need to take it over, is that possible.

Not that simple unfortunately, we would need one list per device and preferably one person (who owns and uses that device extensively) to maintain each list.
I guess we have to start somewhere, so what we can do is that as owners of the various devices post about issues, etc in the relevant section of the forums we might be able to summarise the most important things and get DVICO to look at them. Not as structured as per your suggestion, but I guess that could be a starting point.
MediaLive

Postby Vortical » 06 Nov 2008, 13:58

Well after sleeping on the idea I guess I could do it if people who do have problems sent me messages with what to update after confirmation with other owners.
There is a few things I can't test, for starters I don't have a HDD in mine and I don't have a tuner I also don't have a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD drive on my pc so I can't verify any of those items.

I'd rather it done this way to help Dvico, I don't see things getting fixed in any systematic order without it.
Vortical

Postby MediaLive » 06 Nov 2008, 16:08

After sleeping over it, I think anyone who has an issue with the products on this forum should post about such an issue in the relevant section.

One of the main purpose of the forums is to get users to provide feedback about their experiences with the products, share their experiences, help others, with the overall objective to get the best out of the chosen device.

I think it will be the collectivity of all this feedback that we are going to have to go through and perhaps list issues that DVICO will need to have a look and fix if possible.

I am sure there will be many users that will encounter what might look like a hardware/firmware issue to them, but that it could well be related to settings and/or other things that we as a group can help solve without going to DVICO.
MediaLive

Postby Vortical » 06 Nov 2008, 16:26

I certainly have no problem with that.

It's just if something is decided on through forum discussion that needs to be updated and I''m not around, rather than me digging through threads people could just message me with the decision and I'll maintain the list.

To be honest it's an impossible task to siphon out information from posts after it gets out of hand.
Vortical

Postby Vortical » 06 Nov 2008, 16:32

MediaLive wrote:I am sure there will be many users that will encounter what might look like a hardware/firmware issue to them, but that it could well be related to settings and/or other things that we as a group can help solve without going to DVICO.

I'm not sure you understand the way things would get added to the list.

If only one person has a problem that no-one else has then it's not going to get added to the list unless multiple people all have the same problem
Hence the need for forum discussion and it would not get added until it was confirmed as a problem.
Vortical

Postby MediaLive » 06 Nov 2008, 18:16

Vortical wrote:If only one person has a problem that no-one else has then it's not going to get added to the list unless multiple people all have the same problem
Hence the need for forum discussion and it would not get added until it was confirmed as a problem.

I do understand that and I agree that there should be forum discussion about the issues, prior to being added to the list and categorised. :)
MediaLive

Postby Vortical » 06 Nov 2008, 19:01

That's good then :D

I'll start a thread to summarise some of the issues I have experienced and we'll see how that fares
Hopefully some members start coming out of the woodwork and responding.

If it's only me coming up and documenting issues it'll be a bit on sided then ;)
I just hope other members pop up and help with confirming items.
Vortical

Return to Forum suggestions, help and announcements